It was a bad day again, or I would say a good day with some bad time.
I took my MGMAT #3 today and ended up with a hurtful Score. It was just.. just.. 550 (Q40, V27). – 20 from the previous result.
A +2 for Quant but a -3 for Verbal. I am completely out of clue about the results. Initially I thought there is some problem with the software, but no. How could that happen!!
It was a disappointing score with a decrease in performance. May be I need some rest from continuous studies.
After review of few problems. I realised few mistakes in my strategy. I definitely need to clear those mistakes.
What went Wrong: Quant
- In DS, solved the question for Statement A. When I did not get the answer, I ran-on to solve for both the statements, instead of solving it only for B.
- Did not assumed values: When no value is given for variables, assume some values and plug them into the answer choices to get the correct answer.
- Simplify the equations given.
- Do not solve in mind. Put your thought equation on paper and then solve them.
- +/- matters in square values not in cubes.
- Small calculation mistake, changed my next question.
- No time left for last 2-3 questions. Improve and do not spend more than 3 minutes on a question if you are stuck somewhere.
- Need to learn Divisibility rules and Standard deviation.
What went Wrong: Verbal
- Did not check the meaning of the sentence.
- Hypothetical subjunctive… So the use of ‘were’ instead of ‘was’.
- Did not check the parallelism correctly.
- Management is a singular word, so do not use ‘their’.
- Most of the CR questions were wrong, need to look back to the CR strategy.
- Most of the RC questions were right this time, but took more time to read the passage, need a check at the reading time.
- Completed last 10 questions in 10 minutes.
PS: Learn Standard deviation, Divisibility rule and Probability, Need to check the Pace of reading in RC and check CR strategy.