A few days before I contacted GrantMeAdmission after reading his post and asked him that how he motivated himself to get back to work and his awesome reply forced me to go back to my study table and gather all the knowledge that I left there a few months before. I would like to put some points here from the mail.
“Hard Work + Time + Luck = Success“
Analyze the factors. You only have control over hard work. ……life is not about those couple of hours or days that you work REALLY REALLY HARD, it’s about a sustained performance of consistently being awesome.
1. Create long term goals (these should be long term, big goals)
2. Create short-term goals (these should be essential steps that will contribute to your long-term goal)
3. Review and write your goals every day
If you add on short-term goals, in which you have DIRECT CONTROL over the success (study # hours, take # tests) you build up your confidence as well as your momentum.
Momentum is EVERYTHING. We are always in a state of momentum… either getting better or getting worse.”
What have Changed:
- I have changed my flat (as mentioned in my previous post)
- I have started meditation sessions of 15 minutes every morning after exercise of 30 minutes. I know it makes a difference as I have tried it earlier and there were some good results from meditation!
- I have started making flash cards instead of making notes for each and every wrong problem. Cards are helping me better then error-logs.
- I have customized my schedule from daily to weekly with reachable goals (hourly).